Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy Feet!

I think I have more things in process than I have complete. Wait. Make that I know I have a lot in process! After dyeing all those pretty fabrics, I find myself in the sewing room most days. I did finish some jeans for my guy, and I have a pair cut out and waiting for my attention. I used some of the ice-dyed fabrics for the pocket linings; really brightens up the interior!

I made a pair of socks. I went sock crazy after my Mom introduced me to knitting a few years back, and now my precious collection is getting holey in the sole. Not to worry, I have about a thousand patterns to choose from!


My latest new pair. Just a bit of color! I like the tumbling block pattern; it comes from quilt world. Has a nice 3-D effect, and they were fun to knit up! I probably need some lace socks next. I find sock knitting to be addictive. It's architectural; it's dimensional; it's never boring! I like that I can try out new stitch patterns using the leg like a canvas. If it doesn't work, the time investment is small and I start again! I think it takes an average of four beginnings before my first sock gets figured out! The second one sails along!

I am knitting a sweater for my man, but it isn't a priority when the temperatures start nearing the century mark. I will finish it in time for next winter. That gives me a healthy amount of time to procrastinate!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest! I will get back to you within 24 hours! Have a fun day!