Thursday, January 2, 2014

Refining the Ideas

my backyard
The webinar I sat in on, encouraged me to go out and look at the lines and small parts of my backyard and find patterns that might work in a design. I tried a layout with the path leading up to the weathered cedar gate, used the star and flower blocks to mark the trees and flowering plants. You know? It just didn't do anything for me. I had all these bright primary colors and the grays just brought it all down. I eliminated the gray and black stripes, the "gate" and I was left with lots of beautiful brights! 



the blocks built out

I then took the blocks and fleshed them out. I combined previous motifs, added a few new colors, and tried to NOT work in straight lines! A real challenge for me! I had a blast creating these new squares, and operating without "rules" or rulers was liberating. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest! I will get back to you within 24 hours! Have a fun day!