Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Balls!

I found a book at Bookman's. So many of my adventures begin this way! This time it's Patchwork Puzzle Balls by Jinny Beyer. I look for projects that ignite my interest and are complicated enough to keep me engaged. Jinny's Puzzle Balls do this! I have taken the patterns provided and made them my own with hand dyed fabrics, and photos of my favorite people! 

My first memory ball was for my sister to celebrate her new grandson, and the members of his family.

Eli! Love that grin!!

I collected pictures of Eli and his adoring family, and used Photoshop Elements to crop the photos to the proper size. I added the blue blocks and started assembly.

I wanted to try out some of the other styles in the book, and I even hand pieced one! The sewing machine is my preferred construction method. The tiny seams are a bit tedious, but a lot easier on my finger tips!

My hand pieced ball, purely decorative!

I have been working on product photos for our bike parts business, and I needed a prop for the headwarmers we make and sell. No one ever wants to be the model, so I created a ball/head! Now I have a great display that doubles as advertising! I created the screen for the fabric using elements and an "ez screen".  I'll tell you about screen making another time!

The ROX head/ball

My most recent puzzle ball, feature the two new guys, Eli and his cousin Logan.  I selected photos of the little guys with their great grandparents, and built a great memento!

Logan and Eli, Two happy boys!
These puzzle balls would be a terrific way to commemorate special events, gifts for the coach, etc.
If you would like something like this, drop me a line! I have added a contact form at the bottom of the page!



2 comments :

  1. I have my Eli ball displayed on table !! It entertains me everytime I look at it and warms my heart :) Everyone that sees it comments on how awesome it is ! It's a conversation starter !! I love my puzzle ball & will cherish it forever !! Thankyou again Sis.












































    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found the prices, I was going to ask! Looks really sweet. You'll be getting my order!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest! I will get back to you within 24 hours! Have a fun day!